Remodeling your bathroom can be extremely exciting. Just the idea of getting rid of those outdated, leaky fixtures is enough to make you look forward to brushing your teeth and getting ready for your day and ready for bed each and every day.
If you’re really looking to give your bathroom that spa-like feeling, there’s no doubt about it; you’re going to want to install a new bathtub. There’s just something to relaxing and peaceful about a bathtub. It’s a space where you can soak your aches and pains away and forget about all of the worries of the world.
While a bathtub is certainly an amazing feature to have in a bathroom, choosing the right one does require some serious thought. From skirted bathtubs to freestanding bathtubs to built-in bathtubs; there are so many different options available. Which is the right one for you? Here are some tips to help you decide:
- The first thing you should do is survey your space. This includes measuring the bathroom so that you can determine what size and what style will work best in the space.
- Consider the layout of the plumbing. This is important, as the plumbing for drain lines and water lines will indicate where your tub should be located.
- Decide what type of bathtub will work best in your space. Do you want a classic look? If so, a skirted or a freestanding tub might be the right option for you. If you want something that has a more modern look, a corner tub or one that is triangular in shape may be the best option for you.
- Set your budget. The amount of money you can afford to spend will be one of the biggest factors in your decision.
Are you remodeling your bathroom? If so, one of the elements that you may be looking to change or update is the bathtub. While a standard built-in bathtub can certainly be beneficial, you might seriously want to consider choosing a freestanding bathtub instead.
What’s the difference between built-in bathtubs and freestanding bathtubs? Well, just as the names suggest, a built-in bathtub is one that is literally built-in to a space in the bathroom, whereas a freestanding tub sits on its own; it doesn’t have walls around it. Think those claw foot bathtubs in older homes.
So, what are the benefits of a freestanding bathtub? Here’s a look at just five of the reasons why these tubs are so awesome:
- They offer a spacious look. Since the area around the tub is open, it creates an airy and more spacious look, which can give even the smallest of bathrooms the appearance of being larger than they actually are.
- They’re eye-catching. There is just something that is so visually appealing about a freestanding bathtub. It has a presence that a built-in bathtub just can’t compare to. They are a statement piece in a bathroom, making the space instantly look more attractive.
- Freestanding bathtubs come in an array of designs. They can be round and made out of cast iron or they can be oval and made of metal. A freestanding bathtub can even be made of hammered copper.
- A freestanding bathtub will make your bathroom one of your favorite rooms in your home. These tubs just make a statement that will really make your bathroom a showpiece.
- These tubs give your bathroom the extravagant feeling of a spa. You’ll feel as if you have stepped into your very own spa whenever you step into your bathroom with a freestanding bathtub.
Did you know that there are many great benefits to purchasing and using whirlpool bathtubs? Of course there are! Many people use bathtubs every day to help them feel good and get rid of the daily stresses that they face. The team at Izzi Bath & Spa has put together a few great benefits of using our whirlpool bathtubs that you should consider when you are thinking about having one installed in your home:
Reduce Stress & Anxiety – When you work hard all day, the last thing you want is to have the stresses of daily life hanging over your head. Using a whirlpool bathtub has been shown to help reduce your stress levels, put an end to anxiety, and help you with insomnia problems
Improve Your Skin – When you soak in a whirlpool bath, you can help improve your skin. The pressure of the water helps infuse your skin with oxygen, which in turn helps with collagen and elastin production to give you younger looking and healthier skin. Additionally, it helps remove sweat, oil, and dirt.
Massage Pain Away – If you have chronic muscle pains, then you can massage away your pain with the water pressure in your whirlpool bathtub. When aimed on problem areas, the jets in your tub can help loosen the muscles and increase circulation, making you feel much better!
Don’t wait to have a whirlpool bathtub installed in your home. Take a look at the selections we have available and place an order with us today!
Are you suffering from arthritis? Have you slipped a disc in your back? Do you just experience stiff and sore joints? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then you should definitely consider the benefits of hydrotherapy.
What is hydrotherapy and how can it benefit you? Please keep on reading to learn more.
What Is Hydrotherapy?
Hydrotherapy is a form of natural therapy that uses water as a way to ease aches and pains and promote health. Therapeutic bathtubs serve as the site where hydrotherapy occurs. These tubs feature jets, which propel the water in the tub, creating a force that can be directed toward the areas you are experiencing aches and pains. The force of the water can be adjusted from gentle to hard in order to meet your individual needs.
What Are the Benefits of Hydrotherapy?
Hydrotherapy has long been used as a way to treat ailments of the body. The pressure from the circulating water can help to massage the points in your body where you are experiencing aches and pains. Likewise, soaking in a tub of warm water can help to loosen your joints, improving how you feel and providing you with increased strength. However, hydrotherapy doe not only provide physical benefits; this type of treatment can also benefit your overall well-being. Soaking in a tub gives you time to relax, unwind and escape the stresses of your everyday life. Something as simple as this can profoundly improve your mood, de-stress you, and give you a healthier, happier outlook on life.
Given the benefits of hydrotherapy, it is pretty easy to see why anyone — those who are suffering from physical ailments and those who want to improve their overall well-being — would want to install a therapeutic tub in their home.
At the end of a long day of work and taking care of the family, you feel tired, run down, drained and sore all over. Taking a bath would be a wonderful way to relax and unwind, but then you remember that you don’t have a tub, or that your current tub is shallow and covered in mildew and that it causes you feel more stressed sitting in it than you did before you go into it.
Perhaps it’s time for you to invest in yourself and get a new bathtub; and not just any bathtub, but a standalone tub. What’s the difference between a standalone, or freestanding tub, and a built-in tub? Keep on reading to find out the amazing benefits you will experience from the standalone.
Why You’ll Love a Standalone Tub
A bathtub is a bathtub, right? Wrong! Remember sitting in that shallow tub you currently have? That tub definitely doesn’t compare to a deep, unique, and beautiful standalone tub. Here’s a look at some of the reasons why you will love a freestanding tub.
- They’re spacious. There is only so much depth you can get in a built-in tub. Usually, these tubs are pre-fabricated, which means that you get what you get. Freestanding tubs are often made to order, which means that you can choose the size you want and have it built to your specific wants.
- They are beautiful. How much beauty can you get from a built-in tub? Not much. But, when you have a standalone tub, it can be designed in a myriad of ways. These tubs can be made from a variety of materials, in different shapes and sizes and they can even have different locations for the faucet.
- They’re just cool. There’s something so cool about walking into a bathroom that features a standalone tub versus one that features a built-in tub.